Ship Launching Airbags - Low Cost & Reliable
Ship launching airbag, a long cylindrical roller bags with hemispherical heads at both ends, is generally considered to be innovative technology with utmost bright prospect in shipbuilding. Comparing with traditional ship-launching methods such as side-way launching, this one requires less permanent infrastructure and lower cost.
Ship launching airbags are ideal for supporting the hull of ships and providing a safer and smoother ship launching motion into water. They are normally used for tankers, tugboats, towboat, barges, cargo ship, ferries, seagoing vessels, passenger ships, AHTS, DSV and other special vessels up to 100,000 DWT.
Marine airbags for ship launching & hauling out
- Suitable for launching at any seaside without construction of launching facilities.
- Overcome the restriction upon fixed launching track of side-launch.
- High strength with excellent resistance to wear and aging.
- Good air tightness, high flexibility.
- Well tested design and performance.
- Save your time, effort, workload and investment.
- Widely used by more shipyard all over the world.
- Low maintenance.
- Could be used repeatedly.
Composition of ship launching airbags
Ship launching airbags are composed of heavy-duty synthetic-tire-cord and quality rubber layers which are vulcanized together firmly. Beside, a sealing swivel and an air inflating end are screwed with end mouth as shown in the picture.
Structure of ship launching airbags
Air inflating end
- Synthetic-tire-cord layers, as the reinforcement layers, are twined at angles with excellent technology for higher internal pressure and more even stress distribution, for instance, the wrap is over 95 cords per 100 mm in width coming with breaking strength more than 310N per cords. Meanwhile, the high strength tire cords layers effectively enhance the explosion resistance capability of airbags even under high pressure. Normally, there are two types of tire cord materials with different performance for you to choose from.
- Inner & outer rubber layers are made complying with ISO 14409 with sufficient tensile strength and tear strength, which make them capable to withstand severe weather conditions and hard usages. The outer rubber layers are used to protect the synthetic-tire-cord layers against abrasion and various external forces.
- End fittings, mounted at the end of airbags, include sealing ends and air inflating ends for easy control of inner pressure.
|Properties||1400 dtex/2||1870 dtex/2|
|Break strength||≥ 215.6 N/strand||≥ 284.2 N/strand|
|Diameter||0.65 ± 0.05 mm||0.74 ± 0.05 mm|
|Adhesion strength||≤ 137.2 N/cm||≤ 156.8 N/cm|
Details about ship launching airbags
- Ordinary airbag - with 3, 4 or 5 layers of cord fabric.
- High-bearing airbag - with 6, 7 or 8 layers of cord fabric.
- Super-bearing airbag - with 9, 10 or more layers of cord fabrics as custom request.
- Diameter of cylindrical airbag: 0.8m to 2m or custom diameter.
- Valid length: 6m to 20m or others.
- Total length: 7m to 21.5m or others as your requirements.
- Loading capacity: about 10 T/M to 40T/M.
|Model||Diameter (m)||Initial pressure (KPa)||Rated working pressure, Pe (KPa)||A deformation rate of 70%, internal pressure equivalent to the rated pressure value of Pe, the airbag bearing capacity of the length of each meter. (kN/m)||Minimum burst pressure (KPa)|
|Note: Rated working pressure: ±5%. Compress deformation: ±2%.|
Inquiry for Our Product
Zaoqiang Dacheng Rubber Co., Ltd.
When you contact us, please provide your detail requirements.
That will help us give you a valid quotation.